Aug 14, 2020
1st graders singing in music class the 1st week of school! This is why we do what we do.
From the Principal’s Desk….
August 14, 2020
From the Principal’s Desk….
The first week of the 2020-2021 school year is in the books! We’ve had a great week with our in-person learners. Thank you so much for preparing your children to wear face coverings. They are ALL doing so well! We are ready to welcome our zoom in learners on Monday.
Here are just a few reminders I’d like you to review. I’m sending reminders to our remote/zoom-in learners via School Messenger this afternoon.
Face Covering Reminders:
· The district has purchased 2 face coverings for every student. If your child would like the district provided face coverings teachers will distribute.
· Students may wear gators but they must be 2 layers.
· Parents-please wear a face covering when you are on school property. This includes arrival and dismissal.
· Face coverings with exhalation valves or vents are not allowed. Face coverings with one-way valves or vents allow air to be exhaled through a hole in the material, which can result in expelled respiratory droplets that can reach others. This type of mask does not prevent the person wearing the face covering from transmitting COVID-19 to others. Therefore, CDC does not recommend using these face coverings for source control if they have an exhalation valve or vent.
· 7:45 a.m. the earliest student may arrive for breakfast.
· 8:00 a.m. is the earliest students may come to school. Our doors open at 8:00 a.m. and students walk directly into the building.
· Please stay in your vehicle if you are dropping off in the loop.
Front Loop Dismissal Procedures
· Each day at dismissal, Mr. Greenwald, our custodian. watches the loop for open parking spaces. He then radios Mrs. Swiatek or another Kloefkorn staff member, who stands at the end of the loop and directs vehicles as parking spots open up. Please wait until you are given an okay from the Kloefkorn staff member to pull into the loop.
· As you pull into the loop, park in the first open parking place and remain in that spot. Please do not continue to move forward, as cars entering the loop will be looking to park in open spots.
· Please stay in your vehicle. If you would like to get out of your vehicle to meet your child, we ask that you park in the street or in our school parking lot.
· If a parent is parallel parking in the loop, please wait and do not attempt to pull around the vehicle.
· Pull into a parking place to pick up your child. Do not double park and wait for your child to get into your vehicle.
· Please do not wait in the driving lane of the loop to find a closer parking place. We must keep the traffic moving.
· We ask that students enter your vehicle from the passenger side (right side).
· If you are walking to get your child, please use the crosswalks.
As you know, safety is our number one priority for our students. Thank you!
***********Important: Online Verification******************
Updating this form will give your child(ren) the use of technology which will be needed for our Zoom learners beginning on Monday.
Parents/guardians will need to verify their child(ren)’s enrollment information through the online parent portal, ParentVUE. By updating your child(ren)’s information, we can do the following: distribute important information to you, contact you or others in the event of a school emergency, respond appropriately to a medical situation involving your child, and communicate your child’s academic progress. Please review the information below and update/complete at your earliest convenience. Click here to complete the Online Verification.
Note: Only one parent/guardian needs to complete the Online Verification. The parent/guardian must have educational rights and custody of the student to complete this process. You must open your ParentVUE account on a computer to complete the online verification. Online verification must be completed every year.