- January 12 K-5 1:33 Early Dismissal, AM Preschool classroom IN session, PM Preschool classroom NOT in session
- January 15 Remote Learner Material Pickup (9:00-3:30)
- January 15 Q2 Report Cards on ParentVUE after 4:00 P.M.
- January 18 No School-Office Closed
- January 26 K-5 1:33/Early Dismissal, No Preschool
- January 29 Remote Learner Material Pickup (9:00-3:30)
From the Principal’s Desk
Our students are quickly settling in this week as we officially begin 3rd quarter and a new year! We are all looking forward to a productive semester. As you know, our staff and students have a laser sharp focus on learning and show GRIT every day!
At Kloefkorn, we acknowledge positive behavior when we see it. We know that when we give specific positive feedback to students, it greatly increases the likelihood that the behavior will be repeated. In fact, you can improve behavior by 80% just by pointing out what someone is doing correctly. Now that’s powerful!
To shape behavior, we connect the specific behavior to the expectation.
Students hear statements like this from adults in our building:
“Addie, thank you for being responsible by following directions and getting started right away.”
“Joel, thank you for being safe by keeping your hands at your side when walking in the hallway.”
We are continually working hard at Kloefkorn to maintain a positive school climate where students are recognized for doing the right thing. Thanks for helping to encourage and acknowledge great behavior at home also!
Valentine’s Day Party Guidance
Valentine’s Day Parties will look different than past years, due to COVID-19. Each grade level will have a classroom Valentine’s Day Party.
Here are the Lincoln Public Schools guidelines.
- Parent volunteers are not allowed to come to school to assist with parties.
- Traditional Valentines (paper cards) will NOT be distributed or brought to school by students.
- Candy and non-edible trinkets (pencils, stickers) will not be brought from home and distributed.
- General safety precautions and guidelines used on a regular basis in the classroom, still apply to the party. (face coverings on, no touching each other, avoid shared materials for games/crafts, hand sanitizing)
- Games and crafts are allowed if following guidelines above.
- Pre-packaged snacks may be purchased by the PTO. They must set for 72 hours before distributing to students.
- Snacks must be sent home with students. Students will not eat snacks in their classroom as this would increase possible exposure and contacts.
We are very proud of our students who were recognized at the end of Quarter 2 for showing exceptional GRIT. Congratulations to…..
2021-2022 Kindergarten Registration ONLINE
Enroll your future kindergartener for the 2021-2022 school year! In accordance with Nebraska statute, children may enter kindergarten if they turn five years of age on or before July 31, 2021. Please visit Lps.org if you have a child who qualifies to attend kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year and begin the online registration process at this time.
If your child has previously been enrolled in LPS Early Childhood or received any type of education services from LPS, do not register them on-line for Kindergarten. This will create a duplicate record. Please call the Kloefkorn office or email Carin at email@example.com (registrar) with questions.