May 20 Last Day of School
May 21 Remote Learner Material Return 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
May 31 Kloefkorn Office Closed
June 1-25 Summer School 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m
July 27-29 KG Jump Start 9:30 am-11:30 am.
July 27-29 1st Jump Start 9:30 am-11:30 am.
From the Principal’s Desk…..
I think it is finally setting in that I will be retiring and not returning to Kloefkorn in the fall! Please know how much I have truly appreciated your support and willingness to share your amazing children with me for the past 4 years. I will miss EVERYONE!
Our heartfelt THANKS and BEST WISHES to the following staff who will not be returning to Kloefkorn next school year.
- Shelby Rush/Kindergarten Teacher- Mrs. Rush is taking a leave of absence for the upcoming school year.
- Ashely Ficken/4th Grade Teacher-Mrs. Ficken is taking a leave of absence for the upcoming school year.
- Sara Schutte/5th Grade Teacher-Ms. Schutte will be joining the Moore Middle School staff as a 6th grade Humanities teacher.
- Stephanie VanGelder/5th Grade Teacher-Mrs. VanGelder will be moving to Lefler Middle School as a 6th grade Math/Science teacher.
- Matt Palmberg/Special Education Teacher-Mr. Palmberg is taking a leave of absence for the upcoming school year.
- Rene Holz/Executive Secretary-Mrs. Holz is retiring.
- Judy Wood-Mrs. Wood/Special Education-Mrs. Wood is retiring.
Remote Learner Return Day
Please return the following items to our school office on Friday, May 21 between 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Chromebooks and accessories not returned to the building will be marked as lost, and families may be charged for the missing equipment.
- Chromebook Charger
- Chromebook Bag
- Hot Spot (if you were assigned a Hot Spot)
- School Textbooks
- Library Books
- Classroom books and materials
- Learning Materials/Completed Work
All library books are due back on May 10. To see the titles that your child needs to return before the end of the year follow these steps:
- Begin at portal.lps.org
- Enter your student’s ID and password (If you don’t have this information, the school office can provide it for you).
- Select “Destiny Discover” from the alphabetical listing in the portal.
- From the upper right hand corner of the screen, select login and enter your student’s ID and password once again.
- In the upper left-hand corner of the Destiny Discover page select the icon of the three parallel lines.
- Select “Checkout” from the dropdown menu to see the books that are currently checked out
Got eBooks? You do!
Your school library provides many options for students looking for books to read online this summer! One popular option is Sora, which has access to thousands of ebooks for students to check out and read instantly online. You can even access Sora on a tablet or phone, for those long car rides. You can even explore ebooks from the Lincoln City Libraries in Sora. Open this flyer to learn more.
CLASS PLACEMENTS FOR NEXT YEAR
As we start making plans for the upcoming school year, placement of your student in next year’s class is a very important decision, and it will be approached in a thoughtful manner. As class placement decisions are made for every grade level, we take the following information into consideration: instructional programming, gender, and class size. We strive for a balance of all these factors in each classroom. We also believe that all Kloefkorn teachers are excellent, highly qualified and will provide a quality environment for each student in their classroom. You will be notified of your child’s teacher in August.
Due to the many factors that must be considered when making a classroom, we ask that parents not make specific teacher requests. The demands associated with balancing classes make it impossible to honor all parental requests. Should you have extenuating circumstances, which necessitates providing information about your child and his or her learning, you may do so. Only written input emailed to Mrs. Bowhay, prior to May 21, 2021 will be given consideration.
Kindergarten Jump Start
To start the upcoming school year off right, we are going to have a “Jump Start” for all incoming kindergartners. This will be a fun opportunity for your child(ren) to become familiar with school and begin to learn kindergarten routines and procedures. Jump Start will be held July 27th, 28th, 29th from 9:30-11:30 a.m. and will be coordinated by our kindergarten teachers.
1st Grade Jump Start
This year we will also be offering Jump Start for our incoming 1st graders on July 27, 28, 29 from 9:30-11:30. 1st graders will be able to come to school to get a head start on learning about what it will be like to be in 1st grade! First grade teachers will be leading these sessions. We hope all of our incoming 1st graders will take advantage of this exciting opportunity. If you would like your first grader to participate please use this link to register your child. https://forms.gle/MHqvvJaXGtUBydDU9
Lost and Found
We have quite the coat collection in our Lost and Found. Items left behind at the end of the school year will be donated to charity.
Negative Meal Balances
Negative meal balances need to be paid in full before June 30, 2021. The parent/guardian is responsible to pay for all school meal purchases made by their student(s). Negative balances can be paid in the school office or sent to Accounting, LPSDO Box 2, 5905 O Street, Lincoln, NE 68510. Negative balance meal accounts will be referred to a collection agency if they are not paid. If you have questions regarding your child’s negative meal account, please contact Accounting at 402-436-1700.
Positive Meal Balances
Cafeteria account balances will automatically carry over from this year to next, even for students changing schools within Lincoln Public Schools. Refunds and transfers may be requested by submitting the Student Meal Account Refund or Balance Transfer form on the Nutrition Service webpage to email@example.com.
We are very proud of our students who were recognized at the end of Quarter 3 for showing exceptional GRIT. Congratulations to…..
Bodie Ardinger Stibal